MOKUME GANE LANDSCAPES
I am very excited to share with you this new project I developed for Polymer Art Summit 2021.
It’s a new variation on my Bob Ross Sunset Tutorial with a strong and poignant topic: THE MOKUME GANE OIL SPILL. For me this motif has many references, from climate justice to diversity to the petrochemical origins of polymer clay – and on top it looks simply beautiful!.
In addition to the specific use of the mokume gane technique, I will teach basics about how to produce a large format polymer clay painting.
Philip Wiegard (b. Schwetzingen / Germany, 1977) studied art at the University of the Arts Berlin (1998–2003) and Hunter College, New York (2001–2002).
He won a fellowship from the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (2001–2003) and the Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris (2007), and participated in the Spring Workshop residency program in Hong Kong (2014).
- Between Bridges, Berlin (solo, 2018)
- Fundació Joan Miró, Barcelona (2018)
- Schwules Museum, Berlin (2017)
- Kunstverein Nürnberg, Nuremberg (2016)
- Projekt- raum Galerie M, Berlin (solo, 2015)
- Museum of Contemporary Art–Pacific Design Center, Los Angeles (2015)
- HAU Hebbel am Ufer, Berlin (2011)
- Depo, Istanbul (2010).