We are gearing up for an incredibly exciting 2022 event and wanted to share just a little bit with you as planning continues. The best part of doing an annual event is learning and growing from previous years, and we’re incorporating the feedback from our 2021 attendees to help make this event even more inspiring. So what’s in store for 2022? Read on for changes & updates!
Surface Explorations was the clear favorite based on attendee feedback, and because there is such a wealth of surface treatments, we created sub-categories for potential instructors to use when submitting proposals:
- Dry Surface Treatment: pastels, graphite, pencils, chalk, low fire enamel, etc.
- Wet Surface Treatment: paint, ink, liquid clay, markers, crackle and other mediums, etc.)
- Dimensional Surface Treatment: texture, carving, mark-making, etc.
- Applied Surface Treatment: foils, silkscreens, transfers, etc.
- Other Surface Treatment: surprise us!
Instructors & Sessions
- We’ve reduced the number of instructors from seven to six (three per day)
- The session time will be increased from 1.5 hours to 2 hours
- Sessions will be recorded and available to registered students for 30-days
- Instructor breakout rooms were a big hit in 2021 and we will continue them in 2022
- Are you interested in teaching? The link to submit proposals will be live starting Feb 21
- Proposal selection will be complete and posted by April 19, almost two weeks prior to the opening of registration.
Tool Time & Prize Wheel
- As we did in 2021, we will collect and publish tool & supply info provided by our registrants
- Who wouldn’t like the chance to win a fabulous gift? Expect to see the prize wheel again in 2022!
- February 21 through March 27, 2022 – Teacher proposals accepted
- April 8, 2022 – Selection process complete, instructors notified of status.
- April 18 2022 – Teachers confirm their participation by returning contracts
- May 1, 2022 – Registration opens on website
- July 15, 2022 – Last day to cancel registration for full refund less $10 US processing fees
- August 6 & 7, 2022 – Polymer Art Summit